Thai Dye Kitten Contract
Kitten Name: Thai Dye’s ______________Call Name: ______
Date of Birth: ____________ Litter #: _____________________________ Sex: ___
Breed: _______________________ Colour: ________________________________________
Dam: _______________________________________Dam’s reg. #: ____________________
Sire: Purrrfect Kittens’ Totally Amped of Thai Dye Sire’s reg. #: PFS-TB-4377-01-L/M
This Kitten is being sold to:
Thai Dye Cattery (Seller) agrees to sell to Buyer, the kitten designated above for $ _______ which includes a non-refundable deposit of $100.00 paid on ____________________. Balance of purchase price to be paid before taking possession of kitten. The kitten described above is being sold as a pet, with the following considerations:
1. Buyer accepts the responsibility of caring for the kitten and will provide properly for its welfare. Buyer agrees to keep the kitten indoors in a clean and pleasant environment, un-caged and with proper nutrition, health care, and companionship.
2. This kitten is guaranteed to be of sound health at the time of purchase as declared by Seller’s veterinarian. It is recommended that the new kitten be quarantined for the first 48 hour period in a new home. Should any issues arise that cause the Buyer concern, the kitten must be seen by a licensed veterinarian right away. The Buyer shall be responsible for all veterinary expenses incurred on behalf of the kitten. If said kitten is found to be medically deficient with an untreatable or life-threatening illness, this must be reported to the Seller immediately, and the kitten exchanged for another kitten. The Seller shall at no time and under no circumstances be liable for more than the replacement of the returned kitten with another kitten of equal value. If no replacement is available at the time of return, the Buyer will have up to one year to select a comparable kitten. The kitten cannot be returned for any reason after the 48 hour “guaranteed healthy” period has expired and/or it has been exposed to another cat (or a previous cat's used bowls and bedding) within that time. This guarantee does not include viruses or bacterial illnesses that may be the result of the kitten’s exposure to other cats, or to the outside environment once it leaves Seller’s property. It is further agreed by both Buyer and Seller that this guarantee of health is void if the Buyer has the kitten vaccinated for (FelV) (Feline Leukemia Virus) or FIV (Feline Immunodeficiency Virus). Buyer must tell their Veterinarian specifically not to administer these vaccines. These former mentioned vaccines can depress the immune system of healthy cats. Only kittens who will be allowed access to sick cats or to the outdoors (ie on leash walks) should be vaccinated against FIV and FeLV. Rabies vaccines are required by law in Ontario. The only Rabies vaccine safe for cats is the Purevax vaccine, and this may be given after the age of 6 months, to fulfill specific requirements imposed by legislation.
3. The kitten is guaranteed against congenital defects for two years from the date of purchase. Should the animal die within that time as a direct result of a congenital defect, the cat will be replaced ONLY when an appropriate necropsy is performed by licensed veterinarian and a Veterinarian’s Certificate is provided as proof of cause of death being congenital. A replacement will be made of a cat of comparable quality and value as available, at the discretion of the Seller. No Cash Refunds.
4. Buyer understands that if the kitten/cat is declawed it will render all guarantees within this contract null and void. Buyer understands that declawing is a mutilation involving amputation of a large portion of the kitten’s toes and which could possibly alter the kitten’s temperament and/or health. Because amputation is a major assault on the body, it is considered very risky and may lead to death during or after surgery. Buyer agrees that Seller cannot insure the temperament or health of any kitten/cat which has been declawed. Buyer agrees to assume all responsibility for the resulting changes, if any, to the kitten after such declawing.
5. Any legal action which may arise under the terms of this contract will be brought in the Region of Waterloo, in the province of Ontario. Buyer shall be liable for any court costs and related charges including attorney’s fees associated with the Seller enforcing the terms of this contract. This agreement is the entire agreement between parties.
6. Buyer agrees to have kitten spayed/neutered no later than the age of 9 months of kitten’s life. Upon this requirement, the buyer will send a copy of the Veterinarian’s signed certification that this has been completed.
7. The kitten shall be provided with a high quality premium pet food available at all times, as well as fresh water. Premium pet foods such as Solid Gold’s Indigo Moon and Pet Valu’s Performatrin Ultra Grain Free are high in protein, without fillers, and are highly suggested for optimum health.
8. The Buyer agrees that this cat will at no time be sold, leased, or given to a pet shop, animal dealer, animal research facility, animal shelter or to anyone who has ever been convicted of neglect or cruelty to an animal, nor shall it be abandoned. It is the intention of the Seller that the Buyer be a permanent placement. If at any time the Buyer becomes unable to care for the kitten, Seller is given the right of first refusal. If the Seller does not reassume ownership of the kitten it is the responsibility of the Buyer to place the kitten in a home that meets the same conditions as stated in this contract.
Buyer’s Signature_____________________________________________ Date_____________________
Phone: __________________________ Email: _________________________________________
Karen Godson ___________________________________Date_____________________________